Enhancing Your Audit Solution through Electronic Document Submission
Blueway Portal, now with Full Cycle esMD, complements your existing audit management tools and processes for Medicare Contractor Audits with electronic document requests and electronic document submissions through the esMD System.
Click here to learn more about fully electronic document transmissions with Full Cycle esMD.
Simplified Audit Response
Tracking medical record requests and keeping up with all of the required documentation and processes in today's audit arena is extremely cumbersome. Recent Medicare Fee-For-Service audit program changes have created opportunities for providers to achieve efficiencies, specifically in the Release of Information process. Whether you are outsourcing the process to an ROI vendor or handling the process in-house, the cost can be high from both an administrative and financial perspective.
Despite the lower ADR limits now in place, providers are still burdened with the onerous process of tracking record requests and responding to all the required and supporting documentation for the audit process. Why stress the resources of your organization when you can simplify this process and take more control of your audit response by utilizing CMS' esMD program? Recent program enhancements now include the ability to receive additional document request notifications electronically.
Now with Full Cycle esMD
Bluemark developed Full Cycle esMD to take advantage of the bi-directional electronic document communication between the Recovery Contractors and Medicare providers. Full Cycle esMD creates a virtual in-box for electronic document requests and triggers the audit response process. Document submission is as easy as uploading a file and pressing submit. With Full Cycle esMD providers can easily and efficiently respond to all types of Medicare audits.
Blueway Portal is a secure web-based tool that enables providers to achieve efficiencies by taking advantage of the esMD program to implement enhancements to their existing audit management processes. With Blueway Portal, providers can immediately begin taking advantage of electronic document transmission options including the receipt of medical documentation requests from all types of Medicare Review Contractors. Blueway Portal is one of the few standalone esMD tools available today.
Blueway Portal provides tools that strengthen five key areas of the audit response process, including:
- Basic Audit Inventory Tracking
- Electronic Receipt of the Medical Documentation Request
- Electronic Document Submission for Initial Response
- Electronic Appeals Submissions
- Document Management and Storage
Benefits to Providers
- Simplify the Audit Response Process.Medical Documentation Requests are received electronically and the audit response workflow is initiated. No need to track down ADR notification letters and manually enter audit details into a tracking system
- Quicker Payment Turnaround Time. With esMD, providers have reported payment turnaround times of six days as opposed to three weeks with paper based submission processes. Also notable, Bluemark clients have reported an average turnaround time of 44 minutes from submission of documentation to receipt of Level 2 acknowledgement.
- Reduced Costs. Full Cycle esMD eliminates the need to manually track and manage audit response activity, print medical records, and mail paper, feed a fax machine or burn CDs, reducing the labor required to fulfill documentation requests. Time savings can be as much as 50% per audit response. Full Cycle esMD also eliminates the hard costs of shipping and handling.
- Peace of Mind. Full Cycle esMD provides a secure platform and a transparent process that facilitates almost-immediate feedback and issues notifications. A fully electronic process also eliminates potential data entry errors.
Blueway Portal Features
- Secure web-based tool. Allows providers to securely transmit and receive sensitive audit-related data via the CMS Connect Gateway. Blueway Portal meets all HL7 standards.
- Automated Creation of Audit Response. Once the electronic medical document request is received in the eMDR Manager, the audit response process can be initiated. Multiple triggers to alert case managers that a new request has been received and loaded including a real-time dashboard and email notifications. From there relevant data elements are input into appropriate fields and new requests populate a worklist for review and follow-on processing.
- Electronic document submission capabilities for all records requests. Send Medical Records, Discussion Requests, and Level 1 and Level 2 Appeal Letters to any esMD subscribing contractor.
- Activity dashboards. Featured on the user's home page, the dashboard provides a summary of all account activity, including new document requests, inventory status and data trends by both document and contractor types, as well as a complete list of activities due within the week.
- Notifications and reminders. Users can opt to receive daily email summaries of activities due, to ensure no missed deadlines.
- Full inventory reporting. Pathway Reports add a new layer of reporting functionality, granting providers access to an analytics-based toolset with the power to report on almost any datapoint within the system. Pathway gives the users the power to generate eye-catching, presentation-ready analysis to bolster any reporting inquiry on provider performance or audit impact.
- User management tools. Administrators have access to a number of tools that provide user logs and records of user activity. Blueway Portal's user tracking seamlessly builds into the system audit trail for your records.
- Data upload capabilities with Excel. Export data from your systems and easily upload it to Blueway Portal using an Excel document, eliminating the need for manual data input and preventing data entry errors.
- Polished user interface and robust help features. Blueway Portal's user interface is easy to learn and intuitive to maneuver. The portal is supported by a robust help system that enables your team to access training guides, troubleshooting recommendations and tech support as needed.